Synonymous with accuracy, integrity and trust, Dow Jones & Company is one of the most respected brands in providing news and business information world-wide. Dow Jones informs and inspires audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content through newswires, web sites, newspapers, newsletters, magazines, radio and television from nearly 60 countries, and in more than a dozen languages. Our products include The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Financial News, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, SmartMoney and other specialized news and information products.
This exciting position is a key function in supporting the advertising sales efforts for defined accounts across Dow Jones media. (including The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, WSJ magazine, WSJ.com, MarketWatch.com, Barron’s.com and WSJ.com Japanese edition).
The role will also include all account categories in Japan and associated territories.
Sales Associate, Advertising Sales– Tokyo, Japan
• Partnering with the Account Executives (AE) to prepare proposals, presentations and meeting preparation.
• Managing own list of accounts for adverting sales.
• Act as back up and support to AE’s and as client/ agency contact.
• Develop the sales tools such as sales sheets, PowerPoint presentation and other sales tools in Japanese.
• Work closely with AE on overall client strategy, and co-ordinate media planning.
• A proactive and flexible approach is absolutely essential.
• End-to-end sales experience – a full understanding of the sales process from prospecting to closing.
• Experience in a sales environment essential , within a digital environment ideal
• A positive attitude with ability to manage own time and prioritize effectively.
• Highly developed communication and presentation skills required. Need to present and articulate ideas clearly.
• Strong IT skill in MS Excel & PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop and Salesforce is preferred.
Dow Jones offers an opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading financial and business news companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume in ENGLISH stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary via: https://newscorp.taleo.net/careersection/djexternal/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=100010385
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)