About Advisory, Deals, Transaction Services Team:
Our Transaction Services team, part of our Advisory practice in the Firm, offers fully integrated pre- and post-acquisition services to reputable strategic buyers and financial investors.
In addition to our core financial and tax due diligence offerings, we deliver a wide range of due diligence services, providing a 'one-stop shop' service to our clients. This includes: Commercial Due Diligence, IT Due Diligence, Human Resource Due Diligence, Operational Due Diligence, and Environmental Due Diligence.
We help our clients pre-deal to identify and quantify the key value drivers in the target business, and plan the delivery of the opportunities and reduction of operational risks once the transaction is completed.
We also extend our services to post-deal support, from Taking Control activities, to Post-Merger Integration, and eventually helping our client prepare assets for carve-out and divestment.
Our overarching objective is to help Deliver Deal Value for our clients investing in China.
As we expand our existing deal service offering, we are looking to recruit consultants with adequate industry and functional experience, ideally with past deal exposure, in order to:
- Advise our clients throughout the deal process
- Deliver outstanding services both pre- and post-deal
- Develop business for the firm over the full deal cycle
The successful candidate will be interested in a career in the deal-focused consulting industry
Job description and responsibilities:
The responsibilities for new consultants vary depending on seniority, experience, and projects. In general, junior team members will focus more on individual project delivery, whereas senior team members will have greater responsibilities in terms of coaching, business development, and service development.
The key responsibilities are:
- Scope out projects;
- Carry out detailed analysis of target data, enabling the identification of key issues and opportunities;
- Interact with target management, developing an understanding of the business supporting the conclusions of your analysis;
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, during the projects and as part of overall business development efforts;
- Produce reports and prepare key summary section;
- Identify deal issues and provide suggestions for solutions;
- Identify service opportunities and work with relevant functional specialists (across different Business Units/Lines of Services) to sell these opportunities to clients;
- Assist clients in deal structuring and documentation matters;
- Work closely with financial diligence, tax diligence and commercial diligence teams to develop and execute joint projects;
- Perform risk management procedures including drafting engagement letters and budgeting projects;
- Manage deliverables and project economics;
- Contribute to the development of the team and the firm, through coaching and training other team members;
- Develop our service offering to continuously match market requirements; and
- Carry out business development activities.
Reporting structure & key relationships:
Reporting to: senior managers, associate directors, directors
To apply, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
- Bachelor’s degree or above from a reputable Chinese university or foreign institution, preferably with specialization in supply chain or operations management;
- Five to ten years of relevant industry experience in managing operations in China, in functions ranging from procurement, sales operations, manufacturing, supply chain management, and potentially support functions such as HR, IT and Finance;
- Experience in reputable consulting firm will be a plus;
- Experience in post-merger integration or internal improvement projects will be a plus;
- Possess a quality assurance certification or industry-specific professional qualification (e.g. Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing) will be a plus;
- Willing to travel;
- Excellent business sense and commercially aware, ideally with some level of financial accounting awareness;
- Excellent analytical skills are a key requirement;
- Native Mandarin speaker with excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Innovative, confident and mature; and
- Bright, team player who can work effectively under pressure and independently.
Applicants not being invited for an interview within 10 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Applicants who have applied in the past 12 months are not required to submit your application again.
Thank you for your interest in PwC.