About the Learning & Development Department
L&D supports the firm by making sure there is an effective learning environment that helps our people develop their professional and personal skills.
You’ll work with us in the Foundation and Business Skills (FaBS) team. We focus on courses that are relevant to everybody in our firm. So that means things like milestone training, language training and management skills courses.
Job description and responsibilities:
As a member of our English language training team, you’ll be responsible for delivering our English programme curriculum. That means you’ll need to:
- Work together with other English team members in Hong Kong and Beijing to design and deliver the English curriculum;
- Work closely with local training logistics team to organise workshops;
- Design and develop tailored, high quality, professional course materials on business English topics;
- Teach in-house training workshops to professional staff; mainly English training, but you’ll also have opportunities to deliver management skills courses too;
- Need to travel to other locations in China;
- Update, monitor and maintain learning records on our on-line learning management system;
- Edit technical complex documents to a high standard; and
- Consult on other learning needs, e.g. choosing outside providers, finding one-to-one trainers.
Reporting structure & key relationships:
Reporting to: Manager, Learning & Development
Before we consider you for interview, you’ll need to:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree;
- Be a holder of Cambridge Proficiency in English (CPE) or have recently got a band score of 9 in IELTS if not a native speaker;
- Have a recognised ELT qualification: e.g. CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL;
- Have at least three years’ experience in teaching business English to adults;
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Have excellent language awareness and understanding of mainstream ELT approaches and methods;
- Be a good editor/proof reader: eye for detail;
- Be passionate about training and development;
- Be able to work semi independently with other team members who work in different locations;
- Be a team player with excellent inter-personal and cross cultural skills; and
- Be able to use MS Office really well.
You’ll be an ideal candidate if you have:
To apply, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
- SA DELTA/Dip Tefla;
- Experience in developing BE and ESP materials;
- Experience in setting up and delivering distance learning through email, virtual workshops and/or elearning courses;
- Teacher training experience;
- Experience in core business skills training; and
- Proficiency in Mandarin is an advantage.
Applicants not being invited for an interview within 10 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Applicants who have applied in the past 12 months are not required to submit your application again.
Thank you for your interest in PwC.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that services Fortune 500 companies, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) network of firms is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) is well placed to help clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the perspective of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 163,000 people in 151 countries across our network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
Jobs Like This Near Guangzhou, CN
Company and Hiring Information About...
Articles Related to PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
GO TO EMPLOYER WEBSITE
Click on the button below to go to the PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP website and apply for English Coach - Internal Firm Services.