Cambridge Associates LLC was founded in the early 1970s to assist nonprofit institutions with the investment of their endowment assets. Today, we provide investment consulting, outsourced portfolio solutions, research services and tools, and performance monitoring to more than 900 clients worldwide, including nonprofits, private clients, pension plans, government agencies, and sovereign wealth funds. Cambridge Associates researches and advises on all asset classes and strategies, including global equities, bonds, real estate, venture capital, hedge funds, leveraged buyout funds, oil and gas partnerships, and many other types of investments.
We have more than 1,100 employees in eight cities globally including four in the United States (Boston, Dallas, Menlo Park, and Arlington, VA), as well as Beijing, London, Singapore and Sydney. We have had a presence in Singapore since 2001, and today, we have more than 50 employees located in two different offices in the city.
We select our colleagues with great attention to their potential to become a valuable member of a collegial, intelligent and hard-working team. More information can be found at www.CambridgeAssociates.com .
The Business Risk Management Analyst will be part of a team that is directly involved in Cambridge Associates' investment manager research efforts through the conduct of operational due diligence reviews of investment managers, and the writing of reports that document the results of these reviews.
- Conduct Operational Due Diligence On Investment Managers:
- Develop due diligence plans
- Reviews managers' documented procedures
- Conduct on-site operational reviews and interviews
- Coordinate background checks
- Conduct terms reviews
- Review and monitor audited financial statements and ongoing operational developments
- Prepare extensive written analyses of managers' business and operational capabilities and associated risks
- Participate in the review of external service providers including administrators, compliance consultants, systems, accountants, law firms, auditors and prime brokers. Prepare written summaries of reviews.
- Participate in investment manager research meetings. Contribute to initial manager assessment process.
- Maintain database of firm operational and vendor data.
- Coordinate reporting and interact with investment research teams, consultants and clients.
- BA/BS required. CPA or CAIA strongly preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience within securities operations or fund accounting environment or within an audit firm auditing investment products (long-only funds, hedge funds, or private equity).
- Knowledge of investment vehicles and hedge fund strategies; Familiarity with the mechanics around a wide range of financial securities and derivatives.
- Experience with sophisticated institutional investors, audits, compliance and portfolio accounting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to coordinate projects and facilitate information flow across different functional areas.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team under time pressure.
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests for information, while ensuring integrity, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data.
- Candidates who are fluent in Mandarin are strongly preferred