Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving more than 55 million consumer and small business relationships with approximately 5,500 retail banking offices and approximately 16,300 ATMs and award-winning online banking with 30 million active users. Bank of America is among the world's leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes, serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world. Bank of America offers industry-leading support to more than 3 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients through operations in more than 40 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE: BAC) is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
A candidate filling this position in the group must have
- Solid experience on designing and developing web based application on Java/J2EE technology statck.
- Exposure to industry standard web abd application servers such as Apache, JBoss, Websphere & weblogic
- Experience in defining technical architectures, driving technical solutions and decision.
- Good knowledge of J2ee design patterns and architecture.
- Good experience on using various web frameworks such as Spring, Struts.
- Good experience on RIA development tools
- Good experience on DAO tool like Hibernate, iBatis , JDBC etc
- Good experience on unit testing using tools like Junit and application logging using JLogger
- Experience on fine tuning application to address memory leakage etc using tools like JProfiler, JProbe etc.
- Working experience on any version control tool such as SVN, Perforce, PVCS etc.
- Experience on setting coding standards
- Good analytical skills.
- A systematic approach to problem solving.
- Experience in stakeholder management.
This particular position, of Senior Java Developer, encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Working with the Technology team & business partners to understand their immediate and longer-term requirements, extending and enhancing their current technology solution to meet these requirements.
- Hands on preparing functional specifications , High and Low level design, development and unit testing of applications
- Performance tuning of the application
- Prepare testing documents and scenarios to facilitate testing team & operational users.
- Working closely with colleagues in the GWBTO technology team and other technology teams to collaborate on delivering integrated solutions.
- Providing support for the application and infrastructure questions or issues.
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, cost reduction
- Languages - Java, Java scripts, JQuery, HTML, XML
- MVC framework - Spring, Struts
- WEB UI components - JSF, Richfaces, AJAX, SmartClient, ExtJS
- Database - MS SQL server/Oracle
- IDE - Eclipse, JBuilder, JDeveloper
- OS - Windows, Linux
- Version control software - Perforce, SVN
- Architecture - TOGAF, Zachman
- Web/Apps sever - Apache, JBoss, Websphere
- Document storage application - Filenet, P8
Desired Skills :
Additional Skills Needed :
- Knowledge of payments, collections & trade domain a plus
- Passionate to develop career in technology
- Experience in building interfaces using MQ, NDM, SFTP etc
Following established written procedures, guidelines and techniques, develops, enhances, tests, supports, maintains, and debugs software applications that support business units or support functions. Individual contributor role; fully competent to work under general direction on the most complex projects, often on multiple phases, and seeks guidance and direction from more senior associates or manager, as needed. Working knowledge of business or function for which application is designed. Often responsible for the completion of a phase of a project. Provides guidance and checks the work of less experienced associates.