- Are you a self-starter and have a can-do attitude?
- Passionate about sales?
- Want to grow your career with a recognized leader n the world of global news & business information?
Dow Jones & Company is a News Corporation company (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV; http://www.newscorp.com/ ) and a leading provider of global news and business information. With authoritative journalism and smart technology, we provide a window on events, clarify issues, inspire new thinking and give readers and business customers the insight they need to make informed decisions. Our premier brands include The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, and All Things D.
We are now seeking a high caliber candidate to fill the following vacancy in our Seoul Office:
Circulation Sales Manager - Korea (1 Year Contract)
- Acquire sales and ensure growth in circulation volume and revenue while building yield and increasing profits for The Wall Street Journal in Korea
- Handle all print and digital circulation related functions in Korea with an emphasis on bulk, sponsorship and subscription sales to corporations, hotels and airlines
- Drive circulation strategy, grow readership and execute action plans in Korea in-line with company goals, through direction and guidance from Hong Kong
- Track sales performance against budget for existing and new business, across circulation channels
- Develop, implement and monetize new and innovative circulation initiatives and strategic partnerships in-market for all sources of circulation, in print and online
- Responsible for building and growing client and partner relationships including distributors, news vendors and subscription agents
- Assist in guiding operation matters in Korea
- Sales experience required; at least 3-5 years experience in media sales, especially business to business sales. Candidates with experience in the publishing industry or in advertising sales would have an advantage
- Degree level with a good command of written and spoken English, and native Korean
- Motivated team player, strong communication skills, energetic personality, independent and proactive with problem solving skills
- Organizational sensitivity, keen business acumen, good judgment sense and collaborative nature to succeed in consultative sales with accountability and responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Thirst for knowledge to keep abreast of current industry development and trends in all relevant technical/professional knowledge areas to stay ahead of competition
To apply, please submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume in English stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary via:
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)