Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Securities Services
As part of the world's leading international bank, HSBC Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, HSBC Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Assistant / Vice President Trustee Services.
Reporting into Team Head for Trustee Services in Singapore, the incumbent will be required to ensure that the trustee has taken all the necessary steps to ensure it has considered and acted in accordance with the terms of the trust deed and general law. Any approval provided by Trustee must be in accordance with the Trust Deed and in the interests of the unit holder. At the same time, the incumbent will have to balance this with maintaining a working relationship with the fund manager.
- The trustee must act in accordance with the terms of the trust deed and general law. As custodian of the fund assets, it must ensure that all property due to the trust is held in the name of the trustee, and only used for the benefit of the unit holders.
- As an independent party, the trustee must ensure that the fund assets are managed by the fund manager in accordance with the investment objectives of the fund and the stipulated guidelines.
- Support Team Head in taking care of documentation (including bible maintenance) in relation to Singapore retail funds relodgments (review of prospectus updates and trust deed amendments as necessary) which are initiated by external counsel
- Take care of submission of relevant standard notices to the regulator as necessary
- Support Team Head to maintain schedule to track review dates, conduct due diligence on 3rd party service providers/fund managers and issue reports, follow up on report findings until resolution.
- Assist Team Head with committee meetings, compilation of reports, and submission of key management information metrics.
- Assist Team Head in annual exercise to arrange for court application of unclaimed monies - involving notifications to unitholder, handling investor queries, verifying data and amounts for submission.
- Participate or lead projects from time to time to ensure that the Funds Services business meets compliance, audit, regulatory and internal requirements.
- Deliver a professional Trustee Service by attending to client queries on a timely basis, ensuring compliance checks on funds are done adequately to ensure all legal and regulatory fiduciary responsibilities are met; assisting Team Head with client communications on trust product by producing relevant circulation/broadcast materials.
- University Graduate with 5 - 10 years of relevant experience in the securities industry, Funds/REITs
- Experience in regulatory/compliance/legal is an added advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Candidate should be able to work independently in a fast pace environment. Candidate should be well-organised, grounded and able to learn quickly on the job.
- S/he should have a strategic mind-set with strong conceptual and analytical ability.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC takes pride in a diverse and inclusive working environment that sees our people benefit from mentoring, flexible working and the support of Employee Resource Network Groups. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
We encourage candidates to make applcation via HSBC Careers website. Job Reference # 00002FES.