- Manage individual structured finance transactions from origination to closing stages
- Independently source and evaluate investment opportunities (origination)
- Conduct investment analysis including macro, industry, business, financial, risk, and investment memo (in both Chinese & English)
- Liaise regularly with senior management of investee companies on operational issues
- Liaise with other professional firms (e.g. legal counsels, financial advisors) to conduct due diligence, return analysis and prepare investment proposals
- Negotiate investment terms to determine deal structuring and financial model, and execute legal documentations
- Select and coordinate with bankers, auditors and legal counsels to facilitate IPO or trade sale
- Implement and manage system for deal tracking and deal flow analysis and follow up on any documentation
- Deal monitoring and manage the related portfolio companies
- Execute exit
- University degree and/or post-graduate degree in finance/economics
- At least 7 years' experience at a similar level and role, preferably in an investment bank
- Proven track record in direct investment (buy side), leverage/structural finance, convertible bonds, balance sheet investment, proprietary investment/deal, Mezzanine, DCM (private desk) or pre-IPO investment loan
- Strong affinity to credit risk analysis in structured finance transactions
- Excellent commercial understanding of the economic drivers of structured finance transactions
- Strong analytical aptitude and understanding of cash flow modeling
- Self-confidence, ability to work within tight deadlines
- Positive, team-oriented, hands-on work style
- An effective communicator with excellent written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
To apply this position, please click on the 'Apply Online' button below or email your resume to Monica.firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "VP, Structured Investment and Finance, Shanghai - EFNC/CN80027/MSONG".
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
(For overseas applicants only)
Please note that unless this advertisement states otherwise, to apply for this position you should have a current and valid work permit for this country or hold residency.