- AS/400 system admin and control, Install, implement system patches, generate reports, Analyse, troubleshoot and resolve any system problems,
- Define, maintain, implement, support, and troubleshoot software and hardware relating to corporate UNIX & Linux servers and systems, focused on the Oracle Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS operating systems
- Provide system support L1/L2 BAU support for GIS production environments, maintaining documentation on the physical architectures being developed and deployed globally.
- Applicant will ideally come from a background supporting large, distributed unix infrastructures, with hands on experience of unix support functions.
- Support the Research, Clinical Development, and Business units by solving problems, writing scripts, maintaining and supporting operational resources
- Interact with internal customers as well as IT personnel to assist in problem solving, administration, project work, and solutions.
- Ensure that security issues are addressed including unauthorized access, viruses, and protection of sensitive data.
- Ensure a high level of service by identifying problems, trends, and areas for improvement.
- Provide system performance and tuning as well as root cause determination.
- Monitor systems' logs, messages, and alerts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering or other related fields, and/or ample demonstrated successful experience in a similar position.
- Very strong technical understanding of AS400 administration of iSeries Systems, System Restoration, Disaster Recovery, and High Availability
- Expert level in BRMS (Backup, Recovery, Media Services) Mimix and Disaster Recovery
- Expert understanding of iSeries related hardware, LPAR environment, current and previous OS's
- Very strong technical understanding of Large Unix system operation
- Strong understanding of Unix