Job description and responsibilities:
Suitable candidates are expected to be able to work independently to deliver customs and international trade consulting services to clients under the supervision of superiors. You are also required to provide support in supervising and developing junior members as well as developing the practice as a whole. Key specific responsibilities include the following:
- Provide advisory services on a wide range of China specific customs and international trade related issues including customs valuation, customs classification, origin of goods, free trade agreements, China processing trade, duty free importations, special customs zones, customs audits/investigations, non-tariff barriers, trade compliance, and customs due diligence;
- Assist in business development activities such as seminars, workshops, presentations, luncheons, and marketing materials development;
- Manage client projects such as assigning tasks to juniors, managing deadlines and time costs, coordinating with other lines of service teams and/or with teams in other locations, and performing internal risk management checks; and
- Manage and develop juniors by providing coaching, developing self-development plans, providing classroom and/or on-the-job training.
- Degree holder in accounting, business, economics, law or other related disciplines;
- Preferably holding professional qualification in accounting, tax, or customs and international trade;
- Minimum two years’ related advisory experience for Senior Consultant and four years for Manager in big 4 accounting firms, international law firms or other consulting firms;
- related industry experience in multinational corporations; or related experience in government bodies;
- China customs and trade or tax advisory experience would be a plus;
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- A team player, self-motivated and able to work under pressure;
- A desire to pursue a career in the field of customs and international trade; and
- Occasional travelling may be required.
To apply, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Applicants not being invited for an interview within 10 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Applicants who have applied in the past 12 months are not required to submit your application again.
Thank you for your interest in PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance - a copy of which is available on request and will be provided immediately on receipt of your request.