Dow Jones & Company (www.dowjones.com) is a News Corporation company (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV; www.newscorp.com) and a leading provider of global news and business information. Its principal products include The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Dow Jones Factiva, Barron's and MarketWatch.
We are seeking a dynamic and driven sales professional for the following position based in Beijing (covers partial Beijing and Southern China Market)
Business Development Manager
- Generate new streams of Dow Jones revenue through sales of products and services in Southern China Market and Beijing (partially)
- Manage sales forecast and pipeline to ensure accurate recording of prospecting activity, conversion success, and active sales opportunities at each stage of the sales process and forthcoming new business revenue.
- Pro-actively prospect the targets identified. Keep a clear record of prospecting activity and conversion rations.
- Keep accurate and clear records within the global CRM system to provide a solid deal history.
- Complete market analysis to identify good potential target organizations, plus the specific roles and individuals to be prospected.
- Work on business initiatives with the colleagues from Sales and other departments.
- Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of the Dow Jones products and solutions, and use this knowledge to ensure that solutions address clear business needs for the prospect. Able to conduct live product demos, to further emphasizes the value proposition and move opportunities forward.
- Strong results orientation, with the commitment and drive to achieve a new business goal in a demanding and competitive business environment.
- Passionate about closing business, with a 'can do' attitude and ability to work independently where needed.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) to ensure the Dow Jones value position are clearly articulated to prospects, a persuasive business case is presented and a professional image always conveyed.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in face-to-face meetings to ensure smooth progression of opportunities through the sales cycle.
- High level of business awareness to help build credibility with the prospect, spot potential opportunities within a peer group or industry sector, and express the benefits of Dow Jones in the appropriate business context.
- Exceptional negotiation and closing skills.
- A proven successful track record of at least 4 years in a new business role.
- Willing to travel.
To apply, please submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary in ENGLISH via:
**Only shortlisted candidates will be notified**
Dow Jones & Company, Inc. is a global provider of business and financial news and information. The Company’s operations are divided into three operating segments: print publishing, electronic publishing, and general-interest community newspapers. The print publishing segment contains the operations of The Wall Street Journal and its international editions, Barron’s and other periodicals, as well as U.S. television operations. Electronic publishing includes the operations of Dow Jones Newswires, Dow Jones Indexes, and WSJ.com among others. Community newspapers published by Ottaway Newspapers, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, include 19 general-interest dailies in 11 states.
Articles Related to Dow Jones & Co. Inc
GO TO EMPLOYER WEBSITE
Click on the button below to go to the Dow Jones & Co. Inc website and apply for Business Development Manager - China.