Dow Jones & Co., a News Corporation company (NYSE: NWS, NWS.A; ASX: NWS, NWSLV; http://www.newscorp.com/ ), is a leading provider of global business news and information services. It publishes The Wall Street Journal and Barron's. Its Institutional Sales Operation covers both corporate and financial markets, as well as the Risk & Compliance (AML/CTF) sectors.
We are seeking a dynamic and driven professional with a proven track record to apply for the following position, based in our regional head office in Hong Kong :
SALES MANAGER - HONG KONG
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, the Sales Manager (SM) is a front-line sales role responsible for closing new-to-company business, as well as managing an existing territory of accounts and driving growth within those accounts. This is an ideal opportunity for a sharp salesperson with a few years' B2B sales experience, looking to take the next step in their career with one of the world's leading business information providers.
- Generate new streams of revenue through sales of products and services, with a focus primarily on Hong Kong market.
- Retain revenue in assigned set of customers, grow additional revenues by uncovering new opportunities in existing or new department and ensure business needs are being addressed by appropriate products or services.
- Complete market analysis to identify good potential target organizations, plus the specific roles and individuals to be prospected.
- Utilize knowledge of the clients' business, gained via client education and own research, to better understand clients' business issues and demonstrate value proposition.
- Able to conduct live product demos, to further emphasize the value proposition and move opportunities forward.
- Manage sales forecast and pipeline to ensure accurate recording of prospecting activity, conversion success, active sales opportunities at each stage of the sales process and forthcoming new business revenue.
- Keep accurate records within the global CRM system to provide a solid deal history.
- This role requires travel within the assigned territory if applicable.
- A proven successful track record of at least 3 years in a new business role.
- Experienced in selling B2B to the financial markets, with coverage of Hong Kong markets.
- Ability to maintain a high level of sales and prospecting activity at all times.
- Ability to utilize effective questioning and influencing strategies to better understand needs and gain agreement or commitment from customers.
- High level of initiative and self motivation, to achieve a new business goal in a demanding and competitive business environment.
- Excellent command of English and Mandarin (written and verbal)
- Degree Level Education preferred
Dow Jones recruits high achievers, self-motivated and innovative thinkers and we reward talent with exceptional opportunities for career growth and competitive remuneration with comprehensive benefits. Those of you who think that this could be your most exciting sales call of the day and know that you can make an immediate contribution to the success of Dow Jones in Asia, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary via: