Dow Jones & Company is a News Corporation company (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV; www.newscorp.com ) and a leading provider of global news and business information. With authoritative journalism and smart technology, we provide a window on events, clarify issues, inspire new thinking and give readers and business customers the insight they need to make informed decisions. Our premier brands include The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, and All Things D.
We are now seeking a high caliber candidate to fill the following position in our MUMBAI office:
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager in Mumbai, you will contribute to the performance of Dow Jones's business by providing full accounting support in our Mumbai office.
- Account Receivables (AR) - Responsible for generating invoices to customers and monitoring collections (target debtor days to be 45).
- AR - Maintain records as required under Service Tax, VAT etc and ensure timely payments & filings.
- AR - Responsible for verifying the accuracy of invoices received from suppliers incl. identifying exceptions.
- Accounts Payables (AP) - Responsible for processing payments in accordance with Company's policies.
- AP - Ensure full compliance to TDS deductions and timely payments and filing of all returns.
- AP - Responsible for preparing regular payables ageing and process report.
- Prepare bank reconciliation reports for internal control and taxation / banking purposes as well as weekly general ledger balance summary.
- Responsible for the petty cash maintenance and control in each office.
- Maintain records as required under Service Tax, VAT etc and ensure timely payments & filings.
- Communicate with staff across all seniority levels to solve any reimbursement and payment related problems.
- Ad hoc projects to improve controls and efficiency.
- Responsible for full set of accounts, finalization of account and tax compliances and coordination with auditors and tax advisors
- Intermediate Chartered Accountant (>2 years experience) or a recently qualified Chartered Accountant
- Strong accounting skills with knowledge of Indian GAAP and accounting standards
- Indepth and upto date knowledge of TDS, service tax and related compliances
- Experience in invoicing and collections
- Must be able to independently manage various accounting functions viz; payables, receivables, general ledger including finalization of accounts
- PeopleSoft and TM1 knowledge and experiences strongly preferred.
- Experience in media or subscription business preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with colleagues from different seniority levels.
- Good presentation skills, strong analytical mind and problem solving techniques.
- Fluent English required.
- Excellent skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Dow Jones offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package and an opportunity to work for one of the world's leading financial and business news companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary via: