Dow Jones & Company is a News Corporation company (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV; http://www.newscorp.com/ ) and a leading provider of global news and business information. With authoritative journalism and smart technology, we provide a window on events, clarify issues, inspire new thinking and give readers and business customers the insight they need to make informed decisions. Our premier brands include The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, and All Things D.
We are now seeking a high caliber candidate to fill the following vacancy in our The Wall Street Journal Digital Network, APAC team and based in Tokyo:
Product Manager (contract)
- To help align global business product objectives with local market practices and customer needs so that these global objectives make sense locally for the Japan WSJ product.
- To co-ordinate any digital projects that are communicated from the Director of Product APAC for the Japan WSJ product.
- To proactively communicate ways to improve the user experience of the Japan WSJ product.
- When necessary, to manage relationships with local vendors in the Japan region for projects and services that could include technical development and design/IA.
- To maintain close communication and relations with all departments in the office. To announce product developments, new product launches and upcoming product changes to these departments, namely to sales, editorial, circulation, marketing and customer service.
- To develop and manage project documents in both English and Japanese, including requirement documents and schedules so as to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and to the required specifications.
- To support the Business Development function by maintaining local partnerships and alliances, and seeking new growth opportunities for all Japan WSJ digital products.
- From time to time, to translate documents from English into Japanese and vice versa when necessary.
- Minimum 2 years experience at a similar capacity within a medium/large matrix organization.
- Expertise in digital project management with a proven track records of success.
- Experience of being part of a global product development project team, including both Japanese and English speaking members.
- Ability to produce persuasive high-level written and oral communications in English and Japanese.
- A good understanding of the media and publishing industry in Japan
- A good understanding of the digital industry in Japan including mobile/tablet, SEO and social media.
Dow Jones offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package and an opportunity to work for one of the world's leading financial and business news companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected via: