About Marketing & Communications (M&C) - Media & Client Hospitality
The team drives a wide range of media and communications strategy to fulfill the firm’s business requirements and success. Working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with team members and across Lines of Service (LoS), the team identifies media and public relations opportunities to ensure PwC brand is safeguarded and enhanced to reflect the fullest benefit of the firm.
The PwC Social Media Manager will be responsible for monitoring and guiding adherence to the firm’s social media policy, ensuring the needs of internal stakeholders are aligned with corporate objectives. A key component is to monitor the firm’s presence in the social media realm, which is becoming increasingly important to overall branding and reputation management.
Job description and responsibilities:
Summary job description
The Social Media Manager is focused on executing the firm’s externally facing social media strategy. The individual is responsible for managing our external social media activities, including monitoring the firm’s online presence, developing content and monitoring for potential public relations issues as well as opportunities for the advancement of our brand.
He/she will be responsible for prioritising new opportunities and working with appropriate parties to develop plans, standards and policies, and processes for implementation. It is imperative that the Social Media Manager focuses on how results connect to corporate objectives, and collaborates with other members of the web team and the marketing team to measure and improve those results. He/she should conduct research and prepare regular updates and reports as required.
Nature & scope
The PwC Social Media Manager will be the eyes and ears of the firm’s brand in the world of social media. He/she will be responsible for monitoring the firm’s online presence, developing content and monitoring for potential public relations issues as well as opportunities for the advancement of our brand. He/she should be savvy in regards to social media platforms and be the firm’s "mediator" in regards to social media communications. The individual should immerse themselves into the world of social media - develop, implement and analyse campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media policy and campaigns. He/she should conduct research and prepare regular updates and reports as required.
Technical orientation / Job content
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, as well as agility to adapt to new platforms as they come online;
- Technically proficient in understanding RSS feeds, and the firm’s web content development; and
- Understands search engine optimisation and marketing, as well as various metrics packages (WebTrends, Google Analytics).
Reporting structure and key relationships:
Reports to team’s Associate Director
Education and experience
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Has a bachelor’s degree in marketing, web development, journalism or related field;
- Has work experience or training in advertising, PR, online marketing or similar field;
- Proven experience and knowledge of social media platforms;
- Experience in managing social media campaigns, moderating and identifying potential public relations issues;
- Excels in research, with excellent writing skills and the ability to produce editorial and technical content in a timely manner; and
- Excellent written and verbal English and Chinese. Ability to speak Mandarin is an advantage.
To apply, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
- Proficient with social media platforms, and Microsoft Office products;
- Understands the power of social media, feed marketing and able to harness the opportunities for the advancement of our brand;
- Demonstrated ability to map out a marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics;
- Experience in managing and developing content for publishing;
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side - able to demonstrate why ideas are analytically sound;
- Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user generated content;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually or in a team environment;
- Eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibilities;
- Brings to the position outstanding organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines; and
- Ability to communicate results to management and in a fast paced environment.
Applicants not being invited for an interview within 10 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Applicants who have applied in the past 12 months are not required to submit your application again.
Thank you for your interest in PwC.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance - a copy of which is available on request and will be provided immediately on receipt of your request.