Job description & responsibilities:
As part of a highly specialised national pursuit team, lead multifunctional operational and front line teams on key Assurance proposals and opportunities. Provide coaching through all stages of the pursuit process – targeting, qualifying, proposal development, orals preparation and debrief.
In addition to individual pursuit opportunities, work on specific projects to substantially improve and evolve the capability and quality of our pursuit process and deliverables so as to increase revenues to the China firm.
As a member of the Assurance Pursuits Specialist team you’ll coach and drive proposals which support PwC’s overall mission and strategies. You’ll help teams to position themselves and increase their chances of winning.
Proposal strategy and development
- Guide potential proposals targets, undertake pre-RFT targeting and positioning;
- Facilitate relationship mapping and buyer analysis, help develop contact plan;
- Share ideas for scoping meetings, help prepare scoping materials, ensure intelligence is gathered and shared, and is subsequently aligned to strategy; and
- Coordinate resources / activities to support positioning of opportunity.
- Drive and facilitate development of value proposition and storyboard proposal;
- Coach nominated project managers on development of project and resource plan;
- Review and edit key sections to ensure alignment with value proposition; and
- Provide input on creative concepts and oversee document submission.
- Facilitate orals strategy and develop presentation structure; and
- Provide input on creative concept of orals material and oversee production.
- Conduct debrief interviews with clients, communicate findings to stakeholders;
- Discuss results and findings and follow up activities (if any) with teams; and
- Embed lessons learned back into the pursuit process and ensure that proposal knowledge is distilled and leveraged for other opportunities.
Support projects that would help to enhance the service assurance pursuits specialists team provide.
- Development of tools and IP to continually support and improve pursuit process and contribute to the pursuit’s centre of excellence;
- Provide pursuits-related training through formal and informal channels; and
- Support and embed firm-wide initiatives e.g. priority account or industry programs, PwC Experience.
Reporting structure and key relationships:
Key relationships / stakeholders:
Reporting to: Pursuits lead China/HK
- Assurance leaders;
- Markets and industry sector leaders; and
- Business development community.
- Proposals preparation experience for large multinationals or state-owned-enterprises;
- Familiar with proposal process and client key stakeholders in the Chinese market; and
- Experience with client interaction during the proposal process.
- Excellent facilitation skills and the ability to work as a trusted advisor to the most senior people in the firm;
- Effective communication skills in both English and Mandarin: speaking, writing and editing; confident in front of large groups; assertive but diplomatic;
- Strong ability to:
- Coach teams members of all levels on the process, preparation for presentations, and other pursuit related activities;
- Project manage multiple projects to tight deadlines and budgets;
- Handle challenging and unexpected situations – "think on your feet".
- Effectively prioritise and delegate where appropriate when faced with multiple competing proposal requirements; and
- Strong people skills - ability to quickly build trust, credibility and rapport with senior stakeholders.
To apply, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
- Tenacious attitude and an absolute focus on winning;
- Flexible and resourceful attitude to getting the job done;
- Strong team player;
- Calm, positive service approach – "who serves, leads" attitude;
- Proactive style, able to use initiative to resolve problems and take advantage of opportunities as they arise; and
- Willingness to travel to support pursuits when necessary.
Applicants not being invited for an interview within 10 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Applicants who have applied in the past 12 months are not required to submit your application again.
Thank you for your interest in PwC.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that services Fortune 500 companies, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) network of firms is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) is well placed to help clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the perspective of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 163,000 people in 151 countries across our network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
Jobs Like This Near Beijing, CN
Company and Hiring Information About...
Articles Related to PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
GO TO EMPLOYER WEBSITE
Click on the button below to go to the PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP website and apply for Manager / Senior Manager - Internal Firm Services.