Dow Jones & Company is a News Corporation company (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV; http://www.newscorp.com/ ) and a leading provider of global news and business information. With authoritative journalism and smart technology, we provide a window on events, clarify issues, inspire new thinking and give readers and business customers the insight they need to make informed decisions. Our premier brands include The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, and All Things D.
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance (R&C) is a high growth business unit within Dow Jones that enables financial institutions and corporate customers to meet international Anti Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Corruption regulations. Our rich and unique data enables our customers to consider their clients and partners as opportunities for growth rather than a legal or reputational threat.
We are now seeking a high caliber candidate to fill the following vancancy:
Senior Sales Manager, Risk & Compliance (base in Hong Kong)
· Work closely with the market intelligence team monitor potential market opportunities and competitor to ensure we are maximising revenue and selling against competitors.
· Identify, qualify, develop and close new business as related to the Risk & Compliance products to achieve individual New Contract Revenue and overall Group revenue goals.
· Work as a support member for the sales organisation, accelerating sales opportunities through the Dow Jones sales process.
· Work closely with marketing management to ensure that events, PR, branding and communication supports sales objectives and execution plans.
· Maintain relationship with external facilitators such as technology companies providing sophisticated AML solutions to the market.
· Educate the sales team in developing and implementing both territory plans and individual strategic account plans to expand Dow Jones’ presence within the compliance & risk segment.
· Identify and analyse underlying customer business and sales issues in order to match the appropriate AML solution/technology to the customers’ requirements. A solution sales approach is a pre-requisite.
· University graduate with fluency in English. Cantonese or Mandarin will be an advantage.
· High level of initiative and self-motivation, ability to work in a team environment.
· Experience in selling information and/or compliance tools to senior business decision makers. Understand the processes and daily workflow of compliance personnel.
· Understanding of internet and intranet applications, emerging web technologies, and industry trends. Knowledge of data feeds and APIs particularly useful.
· Ability to lead inspirational presentations in a customer-facing environment using a communication style appropriate to the audience.
· Ability to utilise effective influencing strategies to gain agreement or commitment to proposed solutions in order to help advance the sales process to the next level.
· Ability to identify and architect multi-faceted solutions to meet customer needs.
· Ability to drive new business opportunities within new prospects, as well as ability to upsell to existing Dow Jones customers within a team selling environment.
· Ability to identify key customer issues to determine the appropriate solution to satisfy customers’ needs. Speak knowledgeably about customers’ issues to demonstrate/convey an understanding of it.
Dow Jones offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package and an opportunity to work for one of the world's leading financial and business news companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary via the link: