PwC Advisory Services helps clients manage their most important business issues, from M&A due diligence and integration, to ongoing operational improvements and compliance, to dealing with and overcoming financial distress and investigating potential instances of fraud and capital raising and business separation. A team of more than 600 advisors across China and Hong Kong share their thinking, experience and solutions on a daily basis to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice for our clients. Our professionals combine rich industry experience with sound knowledge of the local business environment, resulting outstanding analysis, advice, and implementation support.
PwC Advisory includes seven main practices: Transaction Services, Performance Improvement, Valuations, Strategy, Business Recovery Services, Forensic Services, and Corporate Finance.
About Forensic Services
Within Advisory, the Forensic Services practice combine financial, accounting and regulatory knowledge with deep technical and industry experience to assist our clients in confronting the regulatory, legal and commercial challenges as a result of unplanned events. We apply technology-based solutions to information management and e-discovery demands, advise clients on ways to mitigate risk, improve corporate compliance and key business processes. We serve as expert witnesses addressing critical business issues in litigation and regulatory proceedings.
Our forensic professionals identify financial irregularities, analyse complex business issues, and mitigate the future risk of fraud. We have developed and pioneered new technology and processes to effectively and efficiently manage information to support investigations and dispute resolution.
Job description and responsibilities:
As a manager in the Forensic Data Analytics team, you will be leading the collection, interpretation, and analysis of massive volumes of data, leveraging complex financial or statistical modelling, fraud detection and other suspicious transaction techniques to address our clients’ pressing business issues.
On a daily basis, you will be managing a team of forensic technology specialists working on various projects of the nature as mentioned above and will be constantly challenged to demonstrate leadership, strong practice and business development skills, creative thinking and innovation to keep the practice current with market developments and technological advancements.
Reporting structure and key relationships:
Report to: Partners, directors, senior managers
Preferred skills :
- Demonstrates considerable knowledge, and analytic abilities through, leading the development of quantitative data analysis and data mining solutions in support of forensic investigations, litigation, and/ or in responses to regulatory compliance-related inquiries, emphasising the development of database driven reports and analyses. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- identification and integration of data from a variety of sources;
- assessment of data quality and its potential impact on analyses;
- development of rules to detect fraudulent or non-compliant transactions, statistical and economic impact analyses, and development of executive-level reports and dashboard to summarise results.
- Demonstrates considerable knowledge of relational database management system design and development, requirements analyses, tuning of anti-fraud, compliance, anti-money laundering and risk-management technology;
- Working knowledge of accounting, finance, statistical analysis techniques, forensic investigative techniques, and/ or anti-fraud or compliance systems;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly when writing, speaking and/or presenting to client finance and technology personnel, client in-house and outside legal counsel, compliance personnel, investigators, vendors or subcontractors, and forensic data analysis team members; and
- Consulting experience or client-service background preferred.
Minimum years of experience necessary: Minimum degree(s) and certification(s) required:
- Data mining and statistical analysis tools such as SAS;
- Data visualisation tools such as Omniscope or Tableau;
- Reverse engineering or deep technical knowledge of ERP systems and other datasets;
- Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft T-SQL query languages and associated technology (e.g. SSIS, SQLLDR);
- Programming or scripting in Perl, Python or Visual Basic;
- Extraction, cleansing and analysis of ERP data from a range of leading vendors such as Oracle, SAP and JD Edwards;
- Thorough experience identifying and addressing client needs: developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection; and
- Thorough experience as a team leader: leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.
- BS or MS degree in one or more of the following preferred: Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Finance & Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics or related sciences;
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), Oracle Database Administrator (ODA), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) in Database Development, SAS Certified Base or Advanced Programmer certifications; and
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Fluency in English and Mandarin, both spoken and written is essential.
To apply, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
- Have the flexibility/desire to travel as it is a required element of this position, and will vary with client demands.
Applicants not being invited for an interview within 10 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Applicants who have applied in the past 12 months are not required to submit your application again.
Thank you for your interest in PwC.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance - a copy of which is available on request and will be provided immediately on receipt of your request.