PwC Advisory Services helps clients manage their most important business issues including M&A due diligence and integration, ongoing operational improvements and compliance, crisis management dealing with and overcoming financial distress and investigating potential instances of fraud, and capital raising and business separation. A team of more than 600 advisors across China and Hong Kong share their thinking, experience and solutions on a daily basis to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice for our clients. Our professionals combine rich industry expertise with sound knowledge of the local business environment, resulting outstanding analysis, advice, and implementation support.
PwC Advisory includes seven main practices: Transaction Services, Consulting, Valuations, Strategy, Business Recovery Services, Forensic Services, Crisis Management Services, and Corporate Finance.
About The People & Change Group - Consulting
The People & Change Group specialises in providing transformation project management services in Hong Kong and China for our local and international clients.
Job description and responsibilities
(1) Business development
You will play a key role in rolling out the team's business development strategy across China to:
(2) Services delivery
- Operate at a senior level, be responsible for service idea generation and development and coordination between various functions in the firm to ensure a successful pitch process to mandate clients in the region;
- Assist partners / directors on development and execution of mandates;
- Develop responses to current industry issues with our leadership team;
- Pro-actively seek meetings to explore potential clients' business needs and opportunities to fill those needs within agreed priorities;
- Reporting back to colleagues on opportunities identified and providing them with supporting information;
- Direct teams on each assignment to achieve wholly satisfactory outcomes for the client and firm;
- Manage key internal and external relationships;
- Develop through leadership pieces on industry issues;
- Develop marketing propositions to address industry issues; and
- Maintain market presence by attending at industry events, conferences, seminars, committees and other forum.
Join our Advisory practice and be part of the team providing advice to clients in the implementation of their strategy relating to enhancing their performance, improving their management and restructuring of their companies.
As a Senior Manager, you will assist clients with the following:
- Deliver People & Change Advisory works for multinationals, private equity and domestic enterprises;
- Scope and manage large transformation projects such as start-up, revitalisation, close down, relocation, etc;
- Scope and deliver fundamental consulting projects; and
- Build effective working relationships with clients on advisory assignments.
- Lead a team by example through displaying high professional standards;
- Develop, coach and mentor team members;
- Deliver quality, integrity creative strategies to client;
- Build strong and lasting relationships with clients;
- Develop practical recommendations and solutions through divergent and convergent thinking;
- Plan work effectively and efficiently on multiple project;
- Understand business and industry issues facing clients;
- Identify potential consulting opportunities;
- Assist proposal and business development teams; and
- Contribute to / attend industry and networking forums.
To apply, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
- Good bachelor degree or higher with 8 years plus corporate experience;
- Over 10 years relevant consulting experience in the arena of:
- Apply a structured change management approach and methodology;
- Develop a change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change;
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns;
- Conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner;
- Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans - including communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan and resistance management plan;
- Support the execution of plans by employee-facing managers and business leaders;
- Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilisation and proficiency of individual changes;
- Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions;
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success;
- Work with project teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan;
- Work with the C-suite, communication, training, and HR/OD specialists in the formulation of particular plans and activities to support change;
- Demonstrable understanding of complexities of the China market;
- Proven track record of client delivery, strong technical capabilities and project management skills;
- Highly analytical approach but tempered with an ability to think laterally;
- Keen business sense, risk and commercial awareness;
- Outgoing personality with high levels of ambition coupled with the ability to deliver and to work effectively in teams
- Self motivation and an ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others - will be able to demonstrate an aptitude for business development and building long term strong relationships;
- Willingness to travel; and
- Fluency in English and Mandarin, both spoken and written are preferable.
Applicants not being invited for an interview within 10 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Applicants who have applied in the past 12 months are not required to submit your application again.
Thank you for your interest in PwC.