PwC Advisory Services helps clients manage their most important business issues, from M&A due diligence and integration, to ongoing operational improvements and compliance, to dealing with and overcoming financial distress and investigating potential instances of fraud and capital raising and business separation. A team of more than 600 advisors across China and Hong Kong share their thinking, experience and solutions on a daily basis to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice for our clients. Our professionals combine rich industry experience with sound knowledge of the local business environment, resulting outstanding analysis, advice, and implementation support.
PwC Advisory includes seven main practices: Transaction Services, Performance Improvement, Valuations, Strategy, Business Recovery Services, Forensic Services, and Corporate Finance.
About Forensic Services
Within Advisory, the Forensic Services practice combine financial, accounting and regulatory knowledge with deep technical and industry experience to assist our clients in confronting the regulatory, legal and commercial challenges as a result of unplanned events. We apply technology-based solutions to information management and e-discovery demands, advise clients on ways to mitigate risk, improve corporate compliance and key business processes. We serve as expert witnesses addressing critical business issues in litigation and regulatory proceedings.
Our forensic professionals identify financial irregularities, analyse complex business issues, and mitigate the future risk of fraud. We have developed and pioneered new technology and processes to effectively and efficiently manage information to support investigations and dispute resolution.
Job description and responsibilities:
As a manager in the eDiscovery team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects of the following nature across all major industries including:
You will assist companies involved in investigations or litigation to locate, recover, preserve and analyse electronically-stored information such as email while preserving its evidentiary value. In the case of a dispute, our IT professionals serve as expert witnesses.
- Computer forensics;
- Electronic discovery services;
- Cybercrime response & investigations;
- IT expert services; and
- Software licensing compliance/management.
We also help companies respond to cyber security-related incidents to minimise their impact on the business and conduct forensic investigations to identify the extent of breaches and potential causes.
On a daily basis, you will be managing a team of forensic technology specialists working on various projects of the nature as mentioned above and will be constantly challenged to demonstrate leadership, strong practice and business development skills, creative thinking and innovation to keep the practice current with market developments and technological advancements.
Reporting structure and key relationships:
Report to: Partners, directors, senior managers
- Extensive knowledge of computer/mobile forensics, electronic discovery and information security.
Minimum years of experience necessary: Minimum degree(s) and certification(s):
- Extensive experience delivering computer forensics, eDiscovery, information security, malware detection and analysis services;
- Extensive experience with the following products / tools: EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, F-response, Paraben, Cellebrite, Oxygen Forensics, XRY, DTSearch, Nuix, Relativity, Intella;
- Extensive experience with network and systems security, security incident and event management (SIEM) solutions, computer emergency response procedures;
- Thorough experience identifying and addressing client needs: developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection; and
- Thorough experience as a team leader: leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology/Systems, Information Security;
- EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), CyberSecurity Forensic Analyst, Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI), Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE), GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE) certifications preferred.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin, both spoken and written is essential.
To apply, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
- Have the flexibility/desire to travel as it is a required element of this position, and will vary with client demands.
Applicants not being invited for an interview within 10 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Applicants who have applied in the past 12 months are not required to submit your application again.
Thank you for your interest in PwC.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance - a copy of which is available on request and will be provided immediately on receipt of your request.