About Tax Technology
The Tax Technology team is responsible for all technology based business solutions for the Tax division in the China and Hong Kong region. Moreover, the team serves as a contact point and liaison for other territories within as well as outside the Asia-Pacific region in relation to tax technology. We work closely with both the tax professionals and IT specialists within the Firm to support the systems life cycle of concurrent tax technology projects so as to deliver best-in-class technology-based business solutions.
Job description and responsibilities:
- Regional role acting as liaison between tax professionals and our Global Technology Solutions department or external vendors;
- Coordinate with various project teams and management of multiple projects simultaneously;
- Manage internal and external stakeholders while overseeing project delivery and timeframes, and regular communication of project status;
- Liaison with external clients in regards to external client facing systems via client meetings and demonstrations;
- Responsible for costing / license models, overall product direction, marketing / training materials and working with professionals on proposals and go to market strategy for external client applications;
- Act as project lead on systems design and implementation;
- Ensure correct implementation of firm's risk management standards and legal requirements where appropriate;
- Responsible for systems and/or product comparisons and evaluations, and where relevant preparation of business cases;
- Responsible for overall business requirements analysis and review of system architecture and design;
- Lead and coordinate user acceptance testing and quality reviews, as well as handling of related issues during development and implementation of software projects;
- Lead and manage rollout and training process to end users, ensuring that system users are adequately supported and all issues are troubleshooted appropriately;
- Monitor effectives of implementation, and ensure communication of regular project updates, timely escalation of issues to correct parties and appropriate recommendations for changes / enhancements are made; and
- Coaching and mentoring of junior members in the team.
To apply, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
- Degree holder in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Technology / Information Systems or other related discipline;
- Qualification / degree in accounting / tax is ideal, and work experience in accounting / tax is highly desirable;
- Minimum 3 year's experience in Software Development or related field;
- Minimum 5 years in application project management with project leadership experience in IT systems implementation and support;
- PMP certification preferred;
- Experience in ASP.NET, Web Services (especially in online platform development), and Reporting Services (e.g.: SQL, Crystal Reports) is preferred;
- Proven track record on project delivery and results; especially performance in multinational corporations or with regional project delivery;
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to coordinate with various stakeholders across functions / countries;
- Proactive, highly motivated and has enthusiasm and passion for technology;
- Self starter, with ability to work independently under high pressure;
- Attention to detail, thorough and highly organised;
- Ability to work well with end users and all levels of stakeholders both from the business or external clients, and in technology / support;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential;
- Fluency in Putonghua or Cantonese is preferred; and
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for the Manager role.
Applicants not being invited for an interview within 10 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Applicants who have applied in the past 12 months are not required to submit your application again.
Thank you for your interest in PwC.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance - a copy of which is available on request and will be provided immediately on receipt of your request.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that services Fortune 500 companies, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) network of firms is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) is well placed to help clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the perspective of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 163,000 people in 151 countries across our network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
Jobs Like This Near Hong Kong, HK
Company and Hiring Information About...
Articles Related to PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
GO TO EMPLOYER WEBSITE
Click on the button below to go to the PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP website and apply for Tax Technology Manager / Senior Tax Technology Manager - Internal Firm Services.