About Asia Pacific Regional Customs Services
Worldtrade Management Services (WMS) assists businesses in establishing a competitive advantage by:
- Reducing business expenses through optimising duty and trade costs;
- Streamlining import and export activities;
- Enhancing market access opportunities;
Pioneering the customs and trade business in Asia, we have created the largest and most extensive customs and trade advisory service in this region. We have a network of more than 100 dedicated consultants in Asia, and 450 consultants in over 60 countries worldwide.
Teams of dedicated specialists are located in countries throughout Asia including China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam as well as Australia, New Zealand and India. In China, we have teams located in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Hong Kong.
Our multi-disciplinary team consists of specialists from a variety of backgrounds including customs and trade specialists who have served in senior government positions, industry specialists who are recognised specialists in their fields, and practitioners who are familiar with Asian trading culture and practice. As part of the world's largest professional services organisation, we also utilise specialists in related areas such as transfer pricing, corporate tax and accounting to deliver the best and most pragmatic advice possible.
We enjoy good working relations with government authorities and have a thorough understanding of their working practices. Our consultants act as advisors to both customs and other government institutions in the region.
Companies in Asia are surrounded by a myriad of fast changing customs and trade regulations which impact their businesses. With our blend of professionals and network, we are uniquely positioned to assist companies in understanding and managing the opportunities, threats or risks to them.
Roles and responsibilities
Assist in providing customs, international trade and supply chain related advice to clients, including but not limited to:
- Opportunities - Identifying hidden cost savings and minimising the customs and excise tax burden;
- Gaining preferential access to markets and capitalising on strategic opportunities;
- Empowering businesses with strategic information and access to trade intelligence;
- Compliance review - Customs and trade rules & regulations in Asia, a critical business success factors;
- Proactively managing risks by establishing effective compliance measures;
- Planning for supply chain security requirements - Maximising security at minimum cost; and
- Properly managing special trade and Customs cases, e.g. Customs audit and investigation.
We are looking for graduates from any discipline who can demonstrate:
We offer comprehensive business and technical training, professional examination training support as well as an excellent environment for career development.
- Quick learning ability;
- Flexibility and open-mindedness;
- Ability to think creatively and a thirst for knowledge;
- Confident with a good business sense;
- Excellent communication skills with a strong command of English;
- Good analytical writing skills; and
If you wish to be considered for this position, please access our online application system to submit your application.
Thank you for your interest in PwC.